JEWISHcolorado is offering a limited number of stipends to teens and young adults ages 16-30 participating in peer group trips to Israel in 2017. This does not include the Joyce Zeff Israel Study Tour (IST), as separate funding is available for IST subsidies. The purpose of these subsidies is to enable those for whom the financial burden of Israel travel program costs could be a barrier for participation.
The subsidy amount is determined by both length and cost of the trip, as follows:
- $500 for eligible trips of six (6) weeks or less or eligible trips that cost less than $8,000.
- $1,000 for eligible trips of longer than six (6) weeks or eligible trips that cost $8,000 or more.
Subsidies will be distributed as applications are received: on a first come, first served basis, until all available funds have been distributed.
- To encourage and develop knowledge, awareness and commitment to the Jewish community and to Israel.
- To channel the interest back into the community in a positive way upon return to the U.S.
- To enhance and further the connection between the people of Israel and the people of Colorado.
Who is Eligible?
- Jewish teens and young adults between the ages of 16 and 30 by start of program who are Colorado residents.
What is the Commitment?
- Subsidy recipients will be expected to help promote Israel, Israel travel & Israel advocacy efforts in the community upon their return.
Which Israel programs are eligible?
- Program must be an organized educational experience in Israel recognized by the Jewish Agency for Israel (JAFI), the Government of Israel, a national Jewish youth group, a Jewish camp, or MASA Israel Journey.
- Travel programs must be operated by a local/national/international organization (no private tours or missions).
- Applicants must complete the official application and submit it with proof of acceptance by a qualifying program.
- Subsidies will be distributed as applications are received, on a first come, first served basis until funds are depleted.
- Applications will be reviewed for adherence to guidelines.
- Submit application to:
Debi Crawley, Executive Assistant
300 South Dahlia, Suite 300
Email: dcrawley@JEWISHcolorado.org | Fax: 303-322-8328
- If the applicant does not actually participate in or complete the program, he/she is responsible for facilitating reimbursement of JEWISHcolorado funds received.
Due Dates for 2017 Subsidies:
- Applications may be submitted beginning January 9, 2017.
- No applications will be accepted after June 15, 2017, or when all available funds have been distributed.
Payment of Funds: The subsidy check will be made payable to the Israel program, without exception, and will be mailed to the participant/participant’s family for them to forward to the program. It will be the participant’s or their family’s responsibility to send the check to the program.
Questions? Please do not hesitate to call Debi Crawley, at 303-316-6462 or email dcrawley@JEWISHcolorado.org.