The Parenting Safe Children workshop offers valuable information, ideas, and tools to help you prevent child sexual abuse in your home and community! The workshop covers three prevention areas and empowers you to discuss body-safety with children and caregivers in a positive and effective manner. This 4.0 hour workshop is for parents, relatives, educators, therapists—anyone who cares about children!
Sunday, April 30 | 1 - 5 pm | Boulder JCC | $50
Contact: Kimberly Baker Phone: 303-998-1900 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Identify what makes children vulnerable to sexual abuse, so you are empowered with the facts.
- Learn body-safety rules, so you can teach your children about personal body safety, in an age- appropriate, positive, and non-threatening manner.
- Develop screening techniques, so you can decide more confidently which caregivers you want to entrust with your children.
It’s never too early to start talking with children about keeping their bodies safe. By starting early, you can create an environment that fosters safety and open communication.
Specifically, the Parenting Safe Children workshop will cover the following topics:
- Creating a communication-rich environment for children
- Empowering children to set and maintain boundaries
- Body-safety rules
- Characteristics of safe homes & schools
- Age-appropriate sexual behavior
- “Teachable Moments”
- Tips for screening childcare providers
- Teaching manners while also teaching kids to say, “NO” if they are un-safe