המטבח "THE KITCHEN"
BJTI's TEEN ADVISORY BOARD
The Kitchen is Boulder's premiere Teen Leadership Laboratory. A two-semester program where members participate in monthly "Kitchen" gatherings that are sequenced to help them grow as young adults, emerging leaders and modern Jews. First, we center on introspection: who you are, your strengths and opportunities for your growth. Second, we shift to a training modality; communication foundations, group dynamics and how to step into your leadership style. Third, members choose a "track" or interest area within the BJTI program construct and take on internship responsibilities that range from working groups, program planning processes, and on-the-job coaching and accountability.
- Train the Trainer – build skills that apply to being a Religious School assistant/Madrich, student leader of a BJTI High School club, NFTY, or BBYO local chapter, or facilitator for the BJTI NaviG8 program.
- Jewish Activism – cultivate your drive for social change by learning how to increase issue awareness, motivate your peers, and implement direct service programming. Examples include: monthly Tech Teens and BJTI Mitzvah Days.
- Sports and Adventure – assemble a peer group centered around being active and exploring the outdoors through platforms to showcase your skills. Opportunities include Ski Days, Rock Climbing, Ultimate Frisbee, or building a BJCC Maccabi Delegation
- Social/Networking – community building at its core; create events and programs, peer to peer marketing, and implementation. Possibilities range from large scale events like Shabbat Dinner and Dancing to excursions to Elitch Gardens or the Escape Room.
What to expect
- Members identify as Jewish and are High School age (entering 9-12th grade)
- Monthly "Kitchen" gatherings, commitment to follow through on group determined tasks, and attendance at BJTI events.
- Having a direct impact on your local community! Resume building! Meeting great new friends!
- Training from experienced field professionals combined with ongoing coaching and mentoring.
- Ability to work in peer groups, contribute to the process and willingness to receive feedback and grow.
- A true community collaboration that includes formal leaders from Boulder's High School Jewish Clubs, local NFTY and BBYO chapters as well as teens who are not affiliated, exploring their Jewish identity or want a leadership experience that uses Jewish frameworks.
The Cooks in the Kitchen 2015-2016
Talia Amaru – Social/Networking working group
Adam Bloom- Boulder High Jewish Club President
Alexis Engel – Centaurus High Jewish Club Co-President
Meirav Goldman – Social/Networking working group
Doran Harrop – Fairview High Jewish Club Vice President
Ezra Kone – Boulder BBYO chapter President
Noa Margalit – Fairview High Jewish Club President
Jacob Rona – Sports and Adventure working group
Ellie Shiovitz – Boulder BBYO chapter representative
Sabrina Stern – Centaurus High Jewish Club Co-President
Corinne Sweeney – Train the Trainer working group